It’s holiday season, and resolution time!
As we kick January off promising to use that gym membership, that juice maker, that mediation app and anything else to detox us of the Christmas binge, let us help you kick some goals, and detox your wardrobe.
We have cleansed and organised 1000’s of wardrobes, and want to share some Ruby Slippers Styling magic so you can give your wardrobe the love it deserves.
Follow our easy guide to performing your own wardrobe clear out, and if it’s becoming a mission fit for an expert, call us about our
You need to treat your wardrobe like prime real estate..there is no room for items that aren’t being worn, don’t fit or were giving to you by Great Aunt Mildred, so you have the guilts throwing it out!! You need to be ruthless, and organise like a Stylist.
- Organise into categories – Pants, Skirts, Jackets etc.
- Clean and dry winter clothes, then pack them into air tight containers and store them away.
- Remove any dressing gowns or old bridesmaid dress….these guys do not need to be taking up your prime hanging space!
- Mend damaged items or get rid of them.
- If clothes don’t fit you anymore, store them away or give them to charity ! We hear lots of people saying…’when I lose weight, I’ll need these again’. Green juice cleanse or not, if they don’t fit you now, get them out of your wardrobe space!
- Don’t just throw items out because you haven’t worn them for a while, try them on and see what they look like. You might spark a comeback!
- Organise your accessories so you can see them, the more you can see, the more you will wear.
- Items looking faded and worn – either dye them or donate them.
Be selective about your donations, last year around 60,000 tonnes of items donated were unusable and disposed of in landfill – the cost for this is borne by the charities. If items are too damaged drop them in textile collection bins, such as those in H&M stores.
So get clearing….and if the task it too big, get in touch and we’ll get a stylist to do the hard-work for you. We cover Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast!
Happy New Year x
Over wearing shorts already?
We hear you girls, unfortunately for the majority of us we don’t have legs like Gigi, Giselle or Alessandra so our shorts don’t quite look like this…
So, what can we humble humans do? With shorts, it’s all about getting the fit right for your body.
– The length
– The Style
– The Cut
It is definitely not ‘one size fits all’, so make your selection carefully and make sure you try before you buy. Another option is to leave the shorts and up your casual look with something a little more stylish.
These are our stylists top picks….
Wide leg ‘paperbag’ pants
Cute mini, with a pop of colour
Relaxed skirt. Great for your curves!
Veronika Maine, $199
Forever New, $79.95
Country Road, $179
Floral Maxi Skirt
Topshop at The Iconic, $74.95
Whether you need some help finding a few key pieces or you want a whole new wardrobe for Summer, let us know.
We have packages to suit everyone, and cover all major shopping centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast, our packages start at $250 & we have gift voucher available.
Contact us now, and let us know how we can help!
*Celebrity pics from Fashion Fix & Pinterest
‘ argh, I need something amazing to wear season’!!!
Girls, we hear your cries and we want to ensure you are looking a million dollars for your next special occasion. Our stylists have picked out some of their favourite dresses. Outfits for all different body shapes and budgets…so no one is left having to ‘panic purchase’ before their next event.
Check out our top outfit picks…
Anyone rocking this gorgeous little number will tick the ‘I look fabulous box’! It is great for pear shaped girls as the fitted bodice showcases your top half, and the fuller skirt is soft over your hips. Just gorgeous!
Little Lace, $105
Ok, so it’s not actually a dress…but a. who cares and b. you actually can’t tell?! This jumpsuit is amazing if you are carrying a little ‘mum tum’ weight or should be doing a few more squats in the gym! It’s summery, looks great and is reasonable…tick, tick, tick.
The draping across the middle of this dress is super flattering and hides all kinds of bumps! If the slip underneath isn’t a perfect fit for you, change it to create the silhouette you want.
Alice McCall, $490
Hands up pear shaped ladies…this one is great for you. The soft a-line skirt is really forgiving over your hips, and the pretty bodice draws eyes upward. Also great for anyone who needs to add a little shape to their straight up and down figure. And that colour…we LOVE, and the price…oh, and it comes in sizes 4 – 18….yep, sold!
Vavavoom…hourglass girls, this is your dress!!! We don’t need to say anymore!
Wheels and Doll Baby, $284.40 (on sale)
This divine dress is super flattering, the spider lace creates a soft camouflage over the under dress. The shape is a perfect for anyone wanting to create a more curvy silhouette, soften larger shoulders or hide those saddlebags! Really unique, and a beautiful fit.
Rebecca Vallance, $949
Hello sexy lady!!! This figure hugging number is just gorgeous for anyone wanting to show off their curves. The fabric is very forgiving and really holds you in, creating a beautiful shape.
Alex Perry at Myer, $700
Whether you need some help finding a dress or outfit for a special occasion, or you want a whole new wardrobe for Summer, just let us know.
We have packages to suit everyone, and cover all major shopping centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast, with packages starting at $275.
Contact us now, and let us know how we can help!
Forget flowers, forget perfume, this is the gift that keeps on giving.
It’s fun, friendly and she’ll learn bag loads about styling herself.
Whether she’s a shopaholic or loathes buying clothes, our experienced stylists will make this the most successful shopping trip she’s ever been on.
No more ‘I have nothing to wear’ moments!
What’s the deal?
- We’ll send you a lovely voucher. Late comers, don’t panic these can be purchased online under ‘shop‘ right up till the last minute!
- The voucher is valid for 12 months.
- They can be used in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Gold Coast.
- The cost is just $375+gst, for a fabulous 3 hours experience…we’ll even give her a style form to keep, so she doesn’t forget all our hints and tips!
For more information or to hear our clients rave about their sessions check out our personal styling package
or you can contact us directly at email@example.com
At Ruby Slippers we are just a little bit head over heels for some military styling this Autumn.
Jackets, blazer and shirts – we just love!
If you need an alternative to your denim or leather jacket – check!
If you are sick of always wearing black – problem solved!
Or maybe you want something that is a little more stylish to throw on over a tee – read on!!
Images via pinterest
Check out our stylists’ top picks below, and add a little military glam to your wardrobe.
This little blazer just keeps on giving. Perfect for work and evening glam!
If khaki isn’t your colour opt for a navy, rather than black:
Camilla & Marc, $680
Need a ‘soccer mum’ jacket that doesn’t make you look 87?
Reply at ASOS, $284
If you find yourself dragging out your tired looking black jacket every time it gets cold, inject some colour and interest.
This coat is on sale, and a steal at the moment!
Mossman at Myer, $209.97 (on sale)
This is the perfect casual jacket to throw on with jeans…and also, solves the double denim crisis! Also comes in sizes 6 to 22.
We just love the neon piping detail!
Super stylish over jeans and a tee!
Pretty Little Things, $70
Give your casual wardrobe a little injection of ‘cool’! Wear buttoned up as a shirt, or as a jacket open over a tee.
Superdry at the Iconic, $99.95
Whether you need some help finding a few key pieces or you want a whole new wardrobe for Autumn/Winter, let us know.
We have packages to suit everyone, and cover all major shopping centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast, with packages starting at $250.
Contact us now, and let us know how we can help!
How to dress for that all important job interview is critical!
You’ve impressed them with your resume, now you just have to wow them at the face to face interview. It is a competitive world out there, where first impressions count, so looking the part really matters.
In a world where office dress codes seem to be ever changing, and becoming more relaxed. You need to show you understand the style of the company, and are not dressed up like someone from the 90’s or way to casual, who is totally out of touch with what to wear for work.
Style Tips for the perfect interview outfit:
- Wear something you are comfortable in….you have enough on your plate, the clothes should fit you well and not be cutting off circulation anywhere, worry about what you are saying, not what you are wearing!
- Watch your fabric choices. Linen creases like a screwed up tissue, and silk is the most unforgiving fabric if your nerves make you sweat.
- Clean and ironed is a no brainer right? You’d think so, but we’ve seen lots of corners cut here.
- Avoid prints that are too loud
- Find out the company dress code, and dress the smarter end of this. You can always dress down when you start, you can’t dress up if you’ve gone to casual at the interview.
- Talk with your hands? Don’t wear bangles or bracelets that will bang on the table during the interview.
- Shoes – make sure you can walk in them girls. It can be a long walk from reception to the interview room, make sure you can stride your way there and not be dragging your feet and crippling your toes.
Room for adding individuality? Of course! Room for taking a fashion risk? Absolutely not!
Follow our stylists’ guide to the perfect interview outfit:
Business Formal. EG. Law, Accountancy, Recruitment, Financial Services.
You need to dress at the top end of this dress code, and look sharp. This is a great example of an outfit, if matching two piece suits don’t float your boat and want to add a hint of colour.
Business Professional. EG. FMCG, Telco, Insurance.
Slightly less formal, add a pop of colour to accent your look.
Creative. EG. Media, Advertising, Design.
An opportunity to be more adventurous with pattern, colour and accesories.
Service Jobs. EG. Medical Professionals, Hospitality.
You’ll need to wear a uniform when you start, so there is a no real dress code, but you still need to look the part and stand out from the competition.
We can put together a stylish, work wardrobe for you in a 3hr Personal Styling Session (yes, we can nail it in 3 hours!!) from $375.
Available 7 days a week in Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Melbourne.
Contact us now to book your session.