We have teamed up with the gorgeous girls at Kelly and Port, and are offering one lucky winner and chance to get a top custom made JUST FOR YOU.
We had THE best day, giving 3 lucky Ruby Slippers prize winners a Style Makeover!
Joanna, Rose and Michelle won our Style Transformation competition and joined us in Sydney at Miranda Westfield to be pampered and styled. It was the VIP treatment all round, as the girls got their hair, make up and styling session. They had a private changing room and were given Myer vouchers so they could purchase their favourite pieces….wait till you see the transformation below….
Michelle our yummy mummy, has a gorgeous 7month old little boy. She lived in blue jeans and wanted to feel a little less mummsy, and have a more ‘put together’casual look.
Joanna, was looking for some style inspiration and some smarter clothes for work.
Rose, a care worker, wanted to feel a little more glam and to get a better idea of what suited her.
Our 3 lovely prize winners…
Let the pampering begin!!
You can never have too many pairs of shoes….
The styling begins…
And the big reveal….
The Gorgeous Michelle:
The Gorgeous Joanna:
The Gorgeous Rose:
Don’t they all look stunning?
Big thanks to Myer Miranda for making us feel so welcome and doing such a wonderful job of the ladies make up.
We offer personal styling packages in Sydney and Melbourne and can help you get the before and after you want! Ask about adding on hair and make up treatments to give you the VIP treatment the girls had!
Contact us to find out more!
Check out the story here. It’s worth a read!
At Ruby Slippers, we love a heel, but we are totally backing Nicola (the poor receptionist) in her campaign #myheelsmychoice. No women should be forced to wear heels for work….seriously, even SJP wears flats, and no one bought into that crazy chick in Jurassic World out running a T-REX in heels?!?
There is nothing unprofessional about wearing flat shoes, the key is choosing the right pair. If you are wearing a suit or channeling a smart, corporate look we would always recommend a pointed toe flat, so your shoes don’t look out of place.
Here’s our top pic of flats perfect for the office:
Charles and Keith, $69
Marc Jacobs, at Barney New York, $400.95
Nine West, $129.95
So ditch the heels, get some super sexy flats!
Tag us on instagram so we can see your foxy, footwear choices! x
Forget flowers, forget perfume, this is the gift that keeps on giving.
It’s fun, friendly and she’ll learn bag loads about styling herself.
Whether she’s a shopaholic or loathes buying clothes, our experienced stylists will make this the most successful shopping trip she’s ever been on.
No more ‘I have nothing to wear’ moments!
What’s the deal?
- We’ll send you a beautiful voucher (if you purchase by the 4th May). Late comers, don’t panic we have e-vouchers too!
- The voucher is valid for 12 months.
- They can be used in Sydney (Macquarie, Sydney Westfield, Miranda, Bondi Junction, Chatswood or Parramatta) or in Melbourne (The Emporium, Chadstone or Collins St)
- The cost is just $375, for a fabulous 3 hours experience…we’ll even give her a style form to keep, so she doesn’t forget all our hints and tips!
For more information or to hear our clients rave about their sessions check out our personal styling package
or you can contact us directly at:
email@example.com or 0450 754726.
Mother’s day sorted!
Would you like a FREE Styling Session with Ruby Slippers?
Thank you for all your entries! We are reviewing what we have and winners will be contacted on Monday 25th April.
Well we are looking for two ladies who would like a FREE two hour styling session with us in Sydney, we’ll even do your make up & hair…Oh yes!!!
In return we’d like to use your photos on our website.
If you are interested please send a photo of yourself and email us at 25 words or less why we should pick you!
Emails to – ADMIN@RUBYSLIPPERSSTYLING.COM.AU
Entries must be submitted by midday, Monday 18th April. Winners will be informed on Monday 25th April.
- Session will be held in Sydney Westfield, Bondi Junction or Miranda, week commencing 2nd or 9th May.
- Winners will be given a $100 Westfield gift card, purchases above this will need to be made by themselves.
Full terms and conditions available on request.
They are the must purchase item for Autumn/Winter, you know you’ll wear them to death, so picking the right pair is a high pressured decision!
Do you go black or brown? Ankle boot, knee or over knee. Then there’s heel height!! Looking at the wall of choice in the store can be a little daunting, so let Ruby Slippers Stylist’s help you pick the perfect pair!
Our team of Stylist’s, have selected their boot of choice for this Autumn Winter:
Love these gorgeous brown boots, super versatile they will go with dresses, jeans, skirts pants, the list is endless!
Alais Mae at The Iconic, $239.95
Add a bit of spice to your winter wardrobe with these sexy boots! Nine West, $219.95
Metallic and fringing…these are the bomb! Midas, $248
Need a going out boot? These have you covered. SUPER sleek and sexy! Manning Cartell, $599
Perfect for day/casual, but the versatile suede can easily be dressed up and this colour goes with everything!
Nine West, $199.95
Gorgeous black day boot with an edge! These look super stylish with dresses and skirts, but team with jeans just as well. The perfect all rounder!
The classic black boot, but that buckle detail just gives it a little something extra!
Country Road, $249
Before making your important winter purchase…remember the key points to think about:
- What do you want them for? Casual, work, going out?
- What kind of heel height are you realistically looking for?
- Looking at your winter wardrobe, will you wear them more with black coloured clothing or blues/greys?
Like a good game of ‘Guess Who’, this should lead you to your perfect pair!
Happy boot shopping, and if you need our assistance we offer personal shopping and styling sessions in Sydney and Melbourne and can help find you the perfect pair, and the perfect winter wardrobe.
H&M have launched an awesome initiative where you can take your old, unwanted clothes to the store and let them take them off to a better place. The aim is to reduce land fill and waste…so put a tick next to your good deed for the month and get involved!
It’s part of H&M’s World Recycle Week on the 18th April…and we LOVE this initiative and want to help. So, for the month of April, we’ll be offering 30 minutes free on all Wardrobe Refresh Sessions that are booked.
That’s 1.5 hours Wardrobe Refresh with a Personal Stylist for $150. AMAZING 🙂
Let us come and help you:
- Sort out what you need
- Clear out what to get rid of
- Plan what you need to purchase
- Show you how to make the most out of what you have
Stop standing in front of the wardrobe wondering what to wear! Let us help you put together a stylish and organised wardrobe perfect for your lifestyle.
Call today on 0450 754726 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The finer details…
Wardrobe packages must be booked in before 30th April 2016 to receive the 30 minutes free. Session to be held:
In Sydney the CBD, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West, Sutherland Shire, St George, Lower North Shore and Lower Northern Beaches, outside of this a travel fee may apply. In Melbourne a 20km radius of the CBD, outside of this a travel fee may apply.
So, buy the right key pieces, and spend wisely.
To help – follow our Stylists picks to the 5 key pieces every corporate girl needs in their wardrobe!
1.The Shirt. It doesn’t need to be classic white, and it definitely doesn’t need to be a standard button up. Play around with a style, pattern and fabric that works for you. We love:
2. The Blazer. How to smarten up an outfit in the blink of an eye…don’t underestimate the power of a blazer! Match the appropriate level of tailoring to your style and workplace, we love the grey jersey for a more casual look, right up to the structured suit jacket for super corporate style.
3. The Bottoms. You may be thinking that’s a little vague…but at Ruby Slippers, we don’t believe in one size fits all..there is a bottom style for everyone, it’s just finding yours. Match the style to your body shape and opt for a neutral in navy, black or grey.
Pears – these are your pants, Carla Zampatti, $469. Apples, – these side fastening pants are fab, City Chic, $79.95, We LOVE these David Lawrence pants, perfect for rectangles, inverted triangles, hourglasses…any of our petite friends too, $129.
4. The Shoe. Opt for a heel height you can actually walk around the office all day in…your toes will thank you! Flats are totally fine for work, but opt for a pointy toe, and a patent design to ensure they look smart enough. For heel lovers, nude or black are great choices. If you want something a little different, opt for a colour that goes with most of the clothes in your wardrobe, so you get the most wear out of them.
5. The Bag. More is definitely more when it comes to your work bag. Cost per wear, you are going to get your money’s worth, you are ‘wearing’ this everyday, so spend the most you can afford…we give you our total permission!!
Let us whip your work wardrobe into a style frenzy…we offer 3 hour Personal Shopping Packages in Sydney and Melbourne for $375. Contact us for more information.
Main image from ASOS, Jacket $89
The ideal person would have an eye for colour, know which styles work with different body shapes and have great rapport with people. We are looking for someone who has a key interest in retail and fashion, and is passionate about brands. You’ll be working with people of all ages, sizes and budgets and your job is to transform our clients to make sure they looking and feeling amazing.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a stylist is required.
We are looking for Stylists who are able to cover the Hills district/Parramatta or the City/North Shore/Northern Beaches.
Please specify your location on your application.
Rates based on experience and offered on a contracting basis.
Contact us at email@example.com
Since bringing a little person into this world, I’ve constantly questioned what the hell I did with all my time before I had kids?!
Did it really take me an hour to get ready for work? What was I doing? How did I not know I could shower, brush my teeth and shave my legs at the same time?
I never knew the true meaning of organised, tired, efficient or most importantly unconditional love, before having my bubba…I could potentially be running the country right now, if I had worked as efficiently pre kids as I do now!!!
One of the challenges that seems to go unnoticed is the gauntlet of getting to work, with a daycare/school stop on the way.
The SAS, Navy Seals et al need to listen up, because if they are looking to introduce a new training challenge I’d suggest a morning in the life of a working mum (or dad).
How about getting up at 5am (when you’ve had the obligatory nightly wake up from a small person), getting kids ready for school, lunches made, washing on, dishwasher on, out the door and sitting at your desk for 7.30am. With hair and make up done. It’s hardcore.
At Ruby Slippers we want to help make this mission as simple as possible, so here’s our Stylists guide to getting you out of the house and at your desk looking effortlessly chic.
Our top tips for busy, working Mums:
- Be prepared. You need to move like a well-oiled machine when that alarm goes off. You need to have an outfit hanging ready to go (including shoes and accessories), it is the only way you can get out of the door on time.
- Wear dresses. I am not good at maths, but a skirt and a top is 2 pieces of clothing, a dress is one…keep it simple.
- Watch your fabric choices. However tired you are, never utter the words, ‘I’ll iron it in the morning’ cause you won’t have time. Choose fabrics carefully, if they crease in your hand in the store, leave them there…they have no place in your life. Silk is a big offender, stains and creases easily and is a bugger to iron. Choose fabrics you can hang to dry, that require little or no ironing.
- Use your dressing gown like a shield. Get ready, then wrap it around yourself like it’s an invisible cape! Let not an inch of scrambled egg, porridge or grubby little hands pass.
- Keep some accessories in your car or desk draw. It’s annoying when you get to work, and realise you didn’t have time to grab that bracelet you wanted to wear, or you know that dress would look so much better with a necklace. Well keep a little stash of your jewellery (the cheap stuff, not the family jewels), in your car or desk draw and get some different looks on high rotation.
- Chipped nails look worse than no nail polish. Remember what goes on, must get touched up. To the people who invented shellac I literally love you. Best invention ever…until you have to give up another 20/30 mins getting the stuff removed. ARGH. Our advice, if you don’t have time to have it removed, don’t get it put on. Just keep your nails, short and neat.
- Photograph your outfit combinations. This is great if you wear the same things over, and over, and over. Lay everything out on your bed and take photos of every combination. Work in shoes and jewellery. You then have a personal stylist living in your phone, so when you’re just about to fall into bed, you can flick past your family selfies and quickly find an outfit combination.
- Buy great basics. Spend your money wisely on the pieces you’ll wear over and over. That great pair of black pants you wear every week? They need to be the best you can afford.
If you still need some help give us a call. We can help organise your wardrobe, photograph all your outfits and efficiently shop for what you really need. Packages start from $225, find out more here.
We know it’s a tough gig, so remember to high 5 all the other mumma’s struggle with the morning gauntlet.
The Ruby Team